When several children and/or staff become ill on the same day:
- Notify the health unit IMMEDIATELY.
- Health unit staff will provide information to assist in bringing outbreaks under control and in communicating with parents if necessary. You will be given an outbreak number by the health unit.
- Health Unit staff will review the Daycare Enteric Outbreak Control Measures Form (PDF) with you.
- Complete a General Line Listing Form (PDF).
- Identifying and Reporting an Outbreak
- Huron County Health Unit’s Role in Outbreak Control
- Child Care Centre’s Role in Outbreak Control
- Control Measures in the Event of a Gastroenteritis (Enteric) Outbreak
- Managing Outbreaks of Respiratory Illness in Child Care Centres
- Health Protection and Promotion Act
Last modified: March 23, 2017