Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
57. (1) Every licensee of a child care centre shall ensure that, before commencing employment, each person employed in each child care centre it operates has a health assessment and immunization as recommended by the local medical officer of health.
(2) Every licensee of a home child care agency shall ensure that, before any child is provided with home child care, each home child care provider at a premises at which the licensee oversees the provision of home child care and each person who is ordinarily a resident of the premises or regularly at the premises has a health assessment and immunization as recommended by the local medical officer of health.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply where the person, or where the person is a child, a parent of the person, objects to the immunization on the ground that the immunization conflicts with the sincerely held convictions of the person or parent based on the person’s or parent’s religion or conscience or a legally qualified medical practitioner gives medical reasons to the licensee as to why the person should not be immunized.
(4) Objections and medical reasons under subsection (3) shall be submitted in a form approved by the Minister. O. Reg. 126/16, 2. 37 (2).
(5) An exemption under subsection (3) that was made before August 29, 2016 shall expire on September 1, 2017 unless a new objection or medical reasons are submitted in a form approved by the Minister before that date. O. Reg. 126/16, s. 37 (2).
Last modified: March 23, 2017