- Have enough containers to store all the garbage that is generated between collection days.
- Choose durable plastic or metal containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Keep your containers covered and away from food storage and food preparation areas.
- The outside large container should be equipped with tight closing lid and the lid should be closed when it is not in use.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize all containers with a 5000 ppm bleach solution for 10 minutes (one part bleach to 9 parts water) once a month or more frequently as needed. (see Child Care Environmental Disinfection)
Last modified: February 19, 2020