- Wash hands regularly to prevent cross-contamination when preparing foods.
- Use separate cooking equipment and utensils, and keep work surfaces clean to avoid cross-contamination between foods.
- Read all food labels carefully every time you shop. Ingredients in processed foods change over time.
- Become familiar with the terms on food labels which identify ingredients made from problem foods.
- Never assume that foods are free of a problem ingredient.
- If in doubt, do not use a suspected food
Last modified: February 19, 2020